Monday, January 28, 2008

Okay, okay! Here are jewelry photos... Geez, people...

The photo shoot itself was not easy. We wanted to do all the shots in natural light... but our apartment really only gets morning sun. So we had to go to Crazy and Sweet-Pea's house, since they get really great afternoon sun... only problem was, it was on-and-off cloudy all day long. It was literally: Set up shot. Get ready to take. F$#@ cloud! Wait (dodidodo). SUN'S OUT!! Take it!! Dammit! Cloud!



Considering the difficulty of it all, I think the photos came out nice. I wish we could have done more different set-ups with each of the pieces, but we literally could only get one, maybe two set-ups (in terms of the props) before we had to move on to the next piece, just to make sure we photographed everything. I designed all the shots and Turg took them all. We made a pretty good team.


We could not figure out a set-up that did this peridot necklace justice. Nothing we had brought out the color of the stones as well as they looked in real life:




This necklace is the same as the one on the red bowl above - but you can see the whole thing here. And my ghetto laser printed tag to boot.


They were excited about everything. So I hope other people will be too...

3 comments:

CawfeeGuy said...

bra-VA!
LOVING that garnet/amythest necklace/earring set!!!

Anonymous said...

The jewelry and the photos look amazing! Absolutely fantastic! Great job! I hope I'm as happy with my own current projects as I am with yours.

Good luck! HUGS!

Clio said...

Beautiful! I love the garnet necklace on the mortar and pestle. (The third one down).