Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Kiang Baby Bumps

My neice and sister-in-law and soon to be baby Kiangs

When I think about it, and the idea of becoming an aunt again in about a month, particularly to Jay and Ang's first child, is absolutely exciting. So many people are convinced that the baby is going to be a boy (I'm personally hoping for a girl, but something tells me that it'll be a boy). Dad is excited about being a Grandpa again. And he's obviously hoping for a boy (conversation after picking up a card for the baby shower):

Me: What do you want the card to say?
Dad: Happy Baby Shower. Congratulations and lots of love for our new grandson.
Me: DAD! They don't know if it's a boy yet. You can't say that!
Dad: GrandCHILD. Write GrandCHILD.

About 6 weeks after I become an aunt again, I will become a GREAT-aunt for the first time to JP and Cin's little girl. That just seems absurd. I mean, in my head, JP is still twelve. Twelve. I mean he's really almost 27, but I think he's twelve. Seriously, though. I'm going to be a great-aunt. That's just nuts.

How beautiful are the two hot mamas?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So you hope it's a girl?

Jay