Monday, June 12, 2006

For the love of TiVo

I love our TiVo. Why? I hate watching commercials. I want to watch my programs when I feel like it - I don't think I watched a single episode of Grey's Anatomy on Sunday. And I know I never saw InuYasha at midnight on Tuesday.

But the most recent reason why I love TiVo? The NPR podcasts. I love the radio show Wait Wait - Don't Tell Me. And now TiVo has podcasts of the episode from the previous few weeks. Which is great, because I forget to turn on the radio at 11am on Saturdays to listen. But there are a whole bunch of other catagories of podcasts, not just NPR.

Now if only they would podcast Car Talk...

8 comments:

CawfeeGuy said...

stupid question #547:
does one need to have an IPod to get an audio Podcast? i have a different Mp3player (Creative Zen)...

Anonymous said...

When the realization sunk in that I spent an ENTIRE DAY of my life watching 24 this season, I decided it was time for Tivo...

Tricia

Anonymous said...

Did you name your tivo?
(ps- the little word verification things are getting easier - I don't have to guess at letters any more)

N'il said...

Hrm... the TiVo doesn't have a name per se... I wonder why we didn't name the TiVo? And we have 2... J and I will have to discuss.

N'il said...

Cawfeeboy - I don't think you necessarily have to have an IPod... for those podcasts that are formatted as mp3, they should work on whatever mp3 player. The ones on ITunes, I assume you need an IPod.

Anonymous said...

You don't need an ipod. you just need itunes, which is free. once you download the podcasts (also free) through the music store you can save them from your hard drive however you normally save stuff to your mp3 player.

CawfeeGuy said...

wonderful! thanks girls :)

Turgenev said...

Actually, the TiVos have functional names: Turg Primus and Turg Secundus, to ID them on our WiFi network. They're more utility items rather than something with direct personal relations with which we interact, so the "naming" thing is really for technical reasons, than "Oh, honey, program Mumsy to record the next ep of 'The Real World'".