Saturday, May 03, 2008

Feeling uncreative

I'm in sort of a creativity rut. This whole jewelry venture was so exciting when I started. I was so happy and excited and nervous about the possibilities. And when I sold a couple of pieces, so soon after I had placed them in the store, I was even more excited. But now, it's been so long since that one sale. And nothing else has been sold since then.

I brought new pieces for the store at the beginning of March. Things that I thought were really beautiful and fun (I have to post the photos when I remember). Better and possibly more creative than the first pieces I brought in. Nothing. Not. One. Peep.

And I'm all frustrated. I've been saying that I would go to a couple of other places to sell some things, but now I'm scared. Maybe it's not such a good idea. I'm not doing so well where I am. But then again, maybe I should expand, so that more people see my stuff. The store my jewelry is in right now is relatively new, and their business is only starting to grow. They don't sell that much jewelry to begin with. So maybe I should go somewhere else... but I'm still afraid.

And all of this has put me in a creative rut. I'm uninspired and afraid. I look at my beautiful gemstones and don't know what to do with them. *sigh*

1 comment:

Clio said...

Your jewelry is beautiful and your instincts are good. The economy is in a slump. So, get out there to a wider audience!