Sunday, August 06, 2006

Why can't I ever have a normal round of golf?

It seems something funny always seems to happen when I go play golf. Saturday, SweetPea and I played a round at the Executive 9 at Needwood Golf Course. It was fun. I was hitting much better than I had last week. My short game still sucks. But I was feeling pretty good about the day overall. On the 9th hole, happy that my drive hit the green, I began my lineup for my putt. Last hole, ending on a good note. Hoping for par (it was a long putt). Well, as I was in my backswing, the sprinklers pop up and start spraying us, our clubs and most importantly, the green, in water. We were surrounded. It took quite a long time and a lot of dodging to finish the last hole... Why can't I ever have a normal golf outing?

4 comments:

CawfeeGuy said...

because then you would only have those boring golfing stories that other people tell and not amusing ones like this!

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's God trying to tell you something... like golf and boobs don't mix. The sooner you accept it, the sooner She will set the cosmic forces that plague you back to normal.

;-)
T

CawfeeGuy said...

i dunno, i think the THOUSANDS of lesbians at the Dinah Shore Open would probably disagree with that.

N'il said...

Well, every time I've had something strange happen, I've been in mixed company (guy, girl, whatever). So I don't think it's the boob thing. I just thing strange things are just meant to happen to me at this point - and mine is during golf.