Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Run, run as fast as you can

So, I've mentioned that I will be participating in the Rock n' Roll Half Marathon on Labor Day weekend. The training goes... don't know necessarily that it goes well, but it goes. We did 8 miles last weekend (surprised the heck out of me that I was able to do it). We're going to do 10 miles next weekend, I think. Then just some short runs until the race.

I have a problem though. I hate running. I really do. It's boring. It's only somewhat fun if I have my running/training partners with me. Unfortunately, Crazy and SweetPea are away this week. I need them for motivation. Even going to the gym for the treadmill is hard, let alone running outside. And it's been hot (well, not today, but it has been hot). But I need to get out there, or else by the time they get back (and I know they're running where ever they are), I will be back to suck. I do need to take advantage of the nice weather, now that it's here.

I made it to the gym today, but the overall workout pretty much sucked. Maybe gluttony and sloth aren't too far off the mark, after all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

blech