Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Simplicity

We rush too much in our lives. Constantly running here or there. Late for appointments. Late for meetings. Have to get to this class or that seminar. Constantly connected. Cell phone to ear, Palm Pilot in pocket sounding an alarm for the next place you need to be.

I, myself, had gotten caught up in all of this rush-rush life. Now, however, I don't have this overriding feeling that I have to be elsewhere. Not like I did before. I have my Palm Pilot, I have my cell phone. But they aren't my essentials. My essentials have become the book that I am reading at the moment. The CD that happens to be loaded in the car CD player. Sunroof open, windows down, music loud, singing.

Days like today, beautiful, sunny, breezy days, are meant to be spent outside, even if just for a leisurely 15 minute walk. No rush. I have plenty of time during the lunch hour to get back. Just have a stroll and breathe it in.

No comments: