Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I still haven't found what I'm looking for

I want ice cream. It's a very simple thing. I've wanted ice cream since last Thursday. Sitting in a meeting, having already returned from lunch, knowing the entire afternoon was ahead of us, and I was thinking of ice cream. And not just to have ice cream. But to go out, try a few flavours at a store, and finally settling on the flavour of choice. Maybe I want a waffle cone. Or maybe a cup. I would follow my fancy once I got there.

Well, since we were not able to get any ice cream on Thursday (and I certainly didn't want to venture to the ice cream shop alone - these types of things are best done in pairs or groups, in my opinion), B and I decided, since he would not be at work on Friday, to set yesterday (Monday) as the day we would have our ice cream outing. Well, we were foiled. After having lunch, we drove around to Maggie Moo's, all giddy that we were finally going to satiate this craving. Smiling, sun shining, we walk up to the storefront to be confronted with a sign:

CLOSED FOR RENOVATION

We were crushed. All we could do was laugh and yet be sad that we failed in our mission. We also decided that it meant we would have to go to Ben and Jerry's - but alas, our lunch hour was over and it would have to wait for another day.

I want ice cream.

No comments: