Thursday, March 24, 2005

First assignments

I received my first two projects today at work. They aren't big projects, but I am in charge of them. They have timelines attached. And they will help me to get my toes wet. My mentor/supervisor decided to take it easy on me and not drop me in at the deep end.

I'm reassured that she is taking the time to make sure that I am comfortable with the material and answers my questions (no matter how stupid they may be) with great patience and completeness. And, as today, going beyond to answer all the extraneous and tangential questions related to the first.

And they say I will get welcomed/hazed at the staff meeting tomorrow morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mentor?????

N'il said...

Yes mentor... what's so strange about that?

ttw said...

Use the pop-up for comments, babe.

N'il said...

Fine, it's fixed. Okay? Picky.