Friday, December 21, 2007

Bah! Humbug!

I should have left over an hour ago. It's 5pm on the 21st. I wrote on my timesheet I was leaving at 4pm because I have about a bazillion things I need to do before going to New York tomorrow. And I considered that when I handed in my timesheet and wrote 4pm. But I'm still here. Why? Because Patsy didn't get his file done. And I'm in charge of my branch today. Which means I need to stay until he's done and I sign it out. I could blame other people for the slowness of the workflow. I could. But I won't. Because he's the team leader and it's ultimately his responsibility to get shit done. And he's very passive-aggressive on days when I'm in charge and he has something due. He holds everything close to his chest and doesn't give me updates. Won't let me look at stuff. Tries to bypass me to and have the director look at it instead. Except on days, like today, she's incredibly busy. And doesn't have time to do the primary edits, which she tells him to give to me (which he should have done in the first place).

I'm annoyed. Annoyed beyond words. Because I have so much crap to do. Far too much. And I have NO IDEA when I will be leaving. None.

No comments: