Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pressure... pushing down on me, pushing down on me...

I have an unusual skill that I wish I didn't have. It's not a skill actually, more than just a physical perception. I am, or rather, my sinuses act as a barometer. A guage of air pressure. Specifically, that rise in air pressure that usually preceeds a thunderstorm.

What happens? Generally this dull pain begins right between my eyes which then increases as time passes until such point that it either rains or the weather front passes, thereby releaving the air pressure.

It's summer in the Mid-Atlantic, which means thunderstorms all the time. It also means that I am absolutely miserable nearly every afternoon. And I've searched for other reasons over the years, like lack of caffiene and such, but none of these explanations correlate to the headaches other than the weather.

At this very moment... my head feels like it's going to explode. Make. It. Stop.

2 comments:

CawfeeGuy said...

STEP RIGHT UP! here she is folks, in tent #2, the HUMAN BAROMETER!

Clio said...

Oddly enough I was listening to Under Pressure (Queen w/Bowie) as I clicked onto your blog.

That's all. No helpful advice here. Sorry.
T