Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Marked

There are people out there who don't understand the beauty of the tattoo. I've heard people say things to the affect of "why would you do that to yourself?" and "you know, when you get older, it'll look like crap." But I happen to love tattoos, as long as they are tasteful and truly express the personality of the wearer. I think that's the most important part of it... that the image or words that you choose to permanently mark yourself with is truly a reflection of you.

I have wanted a tattoo for a very long time. I knew where I wanted it. I knew generally how big a tattoo I wanted. But I really didn't know what I wanted until recently. I've thought on and off over the years of what image I wanted imprinted on me. And while many of the ideas were cool or fun, none of them really seemed me. Until recently, I thought I would never figure it out and that I would just pine away wanting a tattoo and never actually getting it. But after just some general imaginings over the past couple of weeks, I came up with it. And once I thought of it, it was like a bolt of lightning, and I knew. It was time to get it. So I took the plunge and was so incredibly happy when I saw the result. It was perfect. And more importantly, it was me.

So, here it is...



mobius
Originally uploaded by Lady N'il.

4 comments:

Turgenev said...

I have to admit, I didn't think the artist would be able to pull off the "twist" in the strip effectively when you and he were talking about it, but it ended up being a good tattoo. The shading is what makes it work (and, now that the swelling's gone, lemme know if you want to re-photo so you can see the shading naturally :)).

efrex said...

not too bad... now that you've gotten the bug, maybe you'll get an Anil Gupta creation? I'm not suggesting that you turn into Richie (my colleague the Scrabble whiz), but maybe a nice tasteful classic would be more your style...

ttw said...

Woooooooot!!!!
Erm, so what body part is it on?

N'il said...

A picture to reveal the location will follow soon! :-)