Monday, May 14, 2007

The thing about mental health days

I'm not going to work today. Just called in that fact. I'm fully showered, dressed, have my makeup on and everything. I was in the middle of making my lunch. But I cannot will myself out the front door for work. There are so many other things I would rather be doing today - reading, sleeping, laundry. That's right, laundry is more important than being at work today.

I don't have any meetings today, besides the weekly, extremely useless, branch meeting. I don't have anything of my own due today, and I am ahead on my consultation work... well, mostly. Nothing on my calendar besides a softball game, which I'm still planning to go to, by the way. I fully aware that nothing will get accomplished at work today. And considering that the next two weeks are the quarterly time reporting survey (where we literally have to report the amount of time we're spending on particular kinds of work) and that "blogging," "sleeping," and "daydreaming" are not catergories I can choose, I, therefore, choose to remain home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I had the luxury to do that.

Jay

Turgenev said...

I dunno, Hans. What're you doing this summer?

Clio said...

Good for you - I spent nearly the whole day sleeping too.