Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Hour 3 - I am so on Team Addison

I felt like I just took a ride on the craziest emotional rollercoaster. Meredith and Derek deserve each other. Derek certainly does not deserve Addison, because he's too wrapped up in doing what he thinks is the right thing. Problem is, in trying to do the "right thing," he ends up doing it all wrong. Same with Meredith. Meredith sees in Derek what she figured out about the Chief. And she so desperately does not want to become her mother. I thought she had let go when she let Doc go. I was wrong. Meredith doesn't deserve Finn. Derek doesn't deserve Addison. And Derek is to chicken-shit to tell Addison the truth.

Christina Yang has lost her edge, she says. "I will not be responsible for making you less human," the Chief tells her. And we've seen it. She got scared. She ran. She didn't have the answers. And in the end, it was okay. Because she took Burke's hand. And that's the only answer she needed.

Karev put his issues aside to care for Izzy. And it's more obvious to me than ever that he actually cares for Izzy. He didn't say what he said for his own benefit. It wasn't selfish. He said it because it was the truth. And he tells the truth. But this time, it was a real truth. Something more true about Denny than I thought possible to come out of his mouth. And he said it, not for himself, but for Izzy.

George has gotten stronger and stronger. And he tells Callie the truth. She's in love. He's not there yet. And he was man enough to tell her the truth. To not run.

I will continue to say over and over just how awesome Bailey is. She rocks. Because she doesn't take crap. But she cares for her interns. Truly cares. She's a softy behind it all. She is more human and more real. And she, in times most insane, keeps it together.

I have to watch it again. Have to.

Addendum:
1) I love the look Callie gives to Derek when she finds them.
2) Burke went to Hopkins!! YAY!!!

No comments: