Monday, May 09, 2005

Message in a bottle

We are going to continue with the theme of friendships for a bit. Since I've moved and started working, I have been thinking a lot about making new friends, trying to stay in touch with old friends, etc. And I began to think about the kinds of friends I have. Not too long ago, I read a little thing about the 5 Friends Every Woman Should Have. I think this list would go for men and women, but men have different types of relationships with their guy friends. I have come to realize that the most important person to have is "The Truth Teller". Or as I like to say - the one that will call bullsh*t on you. You know, the friend who can tell if you are trying to or have convinced of something and will set you straight with honesty and straightforwardness (is that a word?). The one that will not allow you to delude yourself with the nonsense and bullsh*t that can creep into the brain. Everyone needs someone like this in their life. Keeps you honest with yourself and everyone else.

On the flip side, while looking for the list of friends a woman should have, I also found this list of the people to avoid having as friends. Interesting the contrast.

No comments: