Monday, December 29, 2008

Undermined by underwriters... or, Dammit, we didn't close today

So today was supposed to be closing day. I say 'supposed' since, after all sorts of crap, running around, doing the walk-thru, and frantic calls to/from my loan officer, the underwriters decided that the very generous gift that Turg's mom gave us for our respective birthdays to buy furniture was suspicious. It's been (hopefully) cleared up. But that means that closing will happen tomorrow (Tuesday), instead.

Turg and I went to the attorney's office and signed as much as we could. But since the final bank papers are won't be ready till tomorrow, Turg transferred power of attorney over to me (MWAHAHAHA) for the final paperwork. If all goes well, we will be home owners just in time for when Magenta, DugDug and Mini Chewbacca show up.

I'll post on the rest of the appraisal drama later. Too much for my brain now...

No comments: