Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Purple haze...

*I will note for the record that I only saw the aftermath. However, this story is too funny not to share.*

Yesterday, a little after noon, I received a phone call from Crazy. She sounded strange. I mean REALLY strange. Like drunk. And I was thinking to myself, "Has she been drinking? It's way too early to be drunk." So here's the story.

Crazy was at a morning long meeting off site with a couple of her workmates, listening to talks and evaluating science. During a break, she went in search of Advil because her back was hurting. One of the people with her, Mitch, said, "Hey, I have some Advil. Take 2." and hands her 2 little orange pills with an 'A' on them. About a half hour after taking them, in Crazy's own words, "The speaker has 3 heads and all the slides are in 3D... I don't think that was Advil." After doing a little searching, and evaluating, Mitch realizes that he, indeed, did not give Crazy Advil. Instead, he gave her Ambien. Two of them.

Briefly, Crazy has absolutely no alcohol or drug tolerance. None. Squeeze a grape and she's drunk. So taking 2 Ambien, and then trying to stay awake. I have to say. When I stopped by to pick up Mitch from Crazy's house, she looked pitiful. Pit-i-ful. Totally high. And sleepy. And slurring speech. It was altogether sad and hilarious at the same time.


I just stopped by Crazy's office, and not surprisingly, she said she had a great night's sleep...

2 comments:

Clio said...

I bet her backache DID feel better though.

N'il said...

Actually, her general reaction was, that she was so high that she didn't care.