Thursday, February 21, 2008

Time? What time?

One part of my job which I find annoying is that once every quarter we do this time-reporting thing, where we have to account for how much time we spend on particular aspects of our job. We have to do it everyday for the allotted 2 weeks or get on the naughty list sent to our supervisors. It literally is like this:


I hate doing this. I feel like it's a waste of time. I'm one of those people who believes, if you're getting your work done, and doing it well, what's the point of accounting all the minutes? But, we have Congressionally mandated timelines, and "the people" need to know where all the money is being spent. Funny enough, WE never see the results of these quarterly surveys. And we always wonder why there isn't a code to categorize the time that it takes to fill out the stupid reporting.


But, of course, there isn't a code for blogging, either.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need the same card! I should have a timesheet line for talking to M and another for playing with Chew Chew.