Monday, November 05, 2007

It's Monday

... I know you love it when I state the obvious. Unfortunately, I have absolutely nothing witty to say. Although we "fell back" this weekend, and the circadian rhythms have not yet synchronized with the giant clocks, and I automatically woke before 7am today rather than 8am, I'm still tired.

I am, however, looking forward to this coming weekend. I have Veteran's Day off next Monday, since I work in the public sector, and it's one of those strange national holidays that we actually take off. So this 3 day weekend will become at least 4 (perhaps even 4.5, if I can leave early on Thursday) as I make my way to NYC, Long Island and Connecticut. It's early Thanksgiving celebrations this year because I don't even want to THINK of dealing with the monumental traffic that is Thanksgiving traffic.

So this weekend, it will be seeing Dad, hangin' with Jay, Angie and Hauser, and seeing Tri, MS and meeting Little Baby Chew Chew. All other new puppy meet-and-greets will have to wait for Christmastime, I think.

I can't wait for Thor and Chewie to meet, particularly because of the image that I have in my mind that Chewie is about the size of Thor's head. I hope it goes well, since Thor adores Auntie MS, follows her around everwhere and listens to her. So, we have to be sure that he loves Chewie too. Thor gets confused when he meets dogs that are smaller than he is, because it doesn't happen often.

I can't wait for the weekend. But as I said earlier - it's Monday. So I'll have to be a little patient.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness, I am so excited for this eekend. Last weekend my 3 boys on SI and this weekend you and Thir - how lucky can a girl get?

I am seriously hoping that a little of Thor's 'adoration for Auntie MS' and his 'listening' to me will rub off on Little Baby ChewChew. He's doing great. He may even be getting the housebreaking thing as I think he held it til 2 of his walks yesterday. But there's a lot for him to learn yet. Whip him into shape Thor and Aunt T - he cn take it - he's scrappy. And he's totally SMALLER than Thor's head.