Monday, September 10, 2007

Cleaning surfaces

I had one of those "cleaning surfaces" moment the other day. And it's pretty much been continuous since then... I'm in a "cleaning surfaces" kind of mood. What does this mean? This is a label MS gave to a certain type of behaviour. It's the point where you can't take the clutter anymore and start cleaning. For me, I usually just snap. Justlikethat. And start moving shit around and throwing shit out. JS was looking at me the other evening, at 9pm when I just started cleaning the apartment, like I was a total nutcase.

And it continued through the weekend. Yesterday, the surface of choice happened to be the car. I didn't take it to the carwash. I HAD to do it myself. It's a state of mind, I think. A physical manifestation of trying to clear out my head. Or maybe the apartment is just a mess. Who the hell knows.

I didn't get as much cleaned in the apartment as I would have liked... I feel like I'm drowning in clutter. At least the furniture is back where it's supposed to be - sorta.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's never about the physical clutter. *sigh* I'm about to lose it as well.

N'il said...

I guess I'm under some misguided hope that somehow it would actually BE about the mess... and of course it's not. blegh.

Anonymous said...

I've never felt compelled to clean. I do it bc I'm told I have to by the wife.

Jay

Turgenev said...

"I guess I'm under some misguided hope that somehow it would actually BE about the mess... and of course it's not."

Maybe if we schedule your insensate surface cleaning fury (Or I.S.C.F. for short) to kick in when we can prepare for it, we can accomplish truly wondrous feats. :)

-T.