Monday, April 23, 2007

Hot Potato (or how to evacuate a building)


So, today I am responsible for, literally, clearing out the building. Who knew that tater tots + microwave = 3 firetrucks? Seriously.

What happened? I was just heating up part of my lunch (the aforementioned tater tots). Our microwave in the office, well, it sucks. The tots were in for maybe 45 seconds when they started to smoke. Took them out, peeked in the container. Then the alarms started going off. And the alarms are LOUD.

Co-workers standing outside on this beautiful spring day either were congratulating me or just laughing it up. When the third fire engine showed up, I started to get a little sheepish... But only a little.

6 comments:

CawfeeGuy said...

ROFLMAO! G'HEAD GIRRRRRRRRRL!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!! They had to clear out a federal building for you! HA HA HA

Turgenev said...

SWEET CHRISTMAS, girl! Three fire trucks???

Oh man, I'm not letting this one drop for a GOOD long while, nosireebob. >;)

-T.

Anonymous said...

I'd be mortified.

Jay

Clio said...

OMG - It's such a gorgeous day, I'm tempted to try it myself...

N'il said...

See, I see no reason to be mortified. How many people can say they evacuated a building because of a tater tot? That shit's just funny.