Thursday, July 20, 2006

Blogging about blogging

I have to agree with CawfeeBoy about these particular observations about blogs. The rare time I hit the "next blog" button up there in the right hand corner, I am confronted with some lame ass piece of crap, wrought with cheesy music or written in another language. So I don't generally hit the "next blog" button. But again, I hope that my blog is not half as bad as what I've seen out there.

So it was interesting when I came across this article. I, like the "about half" of the people who responded to this particular survey, blog for myself and my close friends and family. I don't think there are all that many people I don't know who read this thing. And I'm fine with that. I'm not out there to make a statement. I just think it's more fun to put the crap in my brain out there rather than writing mass e-mails when I feel like having a braindump.

I get to vent. I get to be silly. I get to write about whatever the hell is on my mind - however inane. I get to show everyone that I am indeed Supergirl. And whomever chooses to read will and all others will pass it by. And I love the occasional comments.

But the reason I started it all was actually really simple. Way back when, Blogger required that you register for a blog in order to make comments. So, I figured, as long as I was registered for one, I may as well use it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a blog because T had one and I felt left out. I am a follower. I am also a copycatter.

Totally tangential note: I really like how my initials - ms - are the same as the initials of my new blog name - Magenta Sequins.

CawfeeGuy said...

wait...you didn't plan that???

N'il said...

I thought you planned it too.

CawfeeGuy said...

wow. another illusion has been dashed upon the rocks of reality. i need a martini...