Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Odd Priorities

Election day was yesterday. Obviously this was a very important election for a number of reasons. Whether one believes it was a referendum on the current administration, on the Iraq war or whatever, it was very clear that the people in this country wanted a change. So the fact that the headlines on major news sites, like CNN.com were splashed with news of election results, surprises, upsets and possible recounts is no surprise.


I mean, it's the day after come very contentious politicking. So, when I scolled down the CNN page to read the other top headlines, I was amused when I saw this in the list:


I just love that in this country, Britney Spear's divorce is considered a top headline just below a story about a suicide bomber.

But, as you can tell... I clicked on the Britney article first. What does that say about me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, given that Britney is a media whore, it surprised me that she wouldn't wait until a more opportune time to announce her divorce so all the attention could be on her.

Good riddance, K-Fed!

Tricia

Anonymous said...

Don't feel shameless! I clicked on that same link also before continuing on to read more 'newsworthy' stuff. What does that say about me! :)