Friday, October 27, 2006

Trying to keep the piles from tumbling on me

The piles around me keep growing, both at home and at work. I'm not overwhelmed yet, but it's getting there. This is the busy time of year around work - companies try to get their submissions in before the end of the year and all, so we end up with a flood. In addition to my regular work, I volunteered to be in charge for this week and next. Not a big deal as a whole, and a good learning experience. I guess the one thing I didn't count on was how many meetings I would have to attend. And all the documentation for the meetings just add to the already growing piles.

It's been a stressful few weeks, ever since coming back from PR. JS has not been well, and it's taking a toll on both of us, particularly him. The most stressful part is that we don't really know what's wrong, and, because he had needed to take some heavy pain medication, it pretty much means he checks out every night. Neither of us are fond of this situation. And this is pretty much the reasons why the piles are growing at home - we did something like 8 loads of laundry last weekend.

So, moving forward, trying to keep things from getting out of hand. Trying to keep the piles from falling on me.

No comments: